Asian Inspired Napa Cabbage
Recipe adapted from Food & Wine.
Serving size: 2 - 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
Dosha Considerations - Good for vata and kapha. Reduce or avoid for pitta due to spices and garlic.
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp raw turbinado sugar
- One head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Press garlic and add pinch of salt.
- Stir minced garlic, soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, water, hot red-pepper flakes and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and season with a pinch of salt. Cook until cabbage is wilted which takes about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour dressing over the cabbage. Toss to combine then place in serving dish. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if you desire.