Spring Arugula Salad
This spring arugula salad is delicious! This time of year diet should be light, warm, dry and rough. Think bitter greens, astringent beans and pungent chilies.
Dosha considerations -
Pitta avoid chili and add coriander or fennel as seasoning. Swap arugula for mixed greens.
Vata can cook in ghee.
- Dash of oil, flax or sesame
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano, fresh or dried
- 1/4 tsp thyme, fresh or dried
- 1/4 thai chili, chopped
- Small handful green beans, chopped
- 10 stems asparagus, chopped
- Handful arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Add oil to pan. Add spices and sauté. Add green beans. Stir to coat then cook for a few minutes.
- Add in asparagus and continue cooking. Stir occasionally. Cook until tender. Add in arugula. Sauté until barely wilted.
- Place in bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a squeeze of lemon juice!