Stewed Apples and Oats
This is one of my favorite fall/winter breakfasts!
Dosha Considerations - Good for vata and pitta. Kaphas can reduce or avoid ghee and oats.
Serving Size: 1
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 apple, cored, peeled + diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup purified water
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp ghee
- Generous dash of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and/or cloves
- Add apples, water, oats and spices in a pot.
- Put on medium heat and cook until apples are soft. If there is excess water, continue to cook until it reaches your preferred consistency. Remove from heat.
- Let stand away from heat for 5 minutes to cool slightly before eating.